Monday, July 13, 2009

The Nerd Girl Confessional: Comic Books

Confession:

It took me a really, really long time to get into graphic novels. Long as in I've been superhero crazy since I was four (my first nonDisney movie in the theaters was Batman Returns) but didn't crack a graphic novel until high school. Please don't judge me.

As a result, I am spending this summer in the library catching up. I happen to be fortunate- my public libraries have an astonishing collection of graphic novels.

Here's my summer reading list, thus far

Batman: Year One (Frank Miller)
Wonder Woman: Love and Murder (Jodi Picoult)
Superman for All Seasons (Jeph Loeb)
Superman/ Batman: Public Enemies (Jeph Loeb)
Identity Crisis (Brad Meltzer)

Rereads:
Watchmen (Alan Moore)


Look for reviews for each over the next few days. I know most of these are big names, many of which have been around for a good long while, but consider that I'm new to the comic book/ graphic novel playground, though, and don't push me off the swings.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot wait for the Watchmen review! While thus far my only graphic novel, I find it hard to imagine any other will ever top it.

    ReplyDelete